Tuesday, November 24, 2015

End of Day



As I am sure the general teaching population is well-aware, the end of the school day can be rough. For elementary teachers their students are overloaded and ready to go home. For high school teachers their students are ready to have their time back. For all teachers, the day is almost over and there are still 10 things on the never-ending TO-DO list that HAVE to be done today. I have found for me personally and for the students I have worked with as a sub that the end of the day can be incredibly painful. 

One trick I have up my sleeve is the "reset button." Having the whole class take a beat and regroup. I've also seen elementary teachers use yoga videos or exercise videos to re-engage kids, but that isn't really conducive to high school... or is it? Would more learning happen if students were given the opportunity to re-energize?

What else can be done? What are some tips and tricks that other teachers have found useful to combat the end of the day slump?

No comments:

Post a Comment