Friday, February 19, 2016

GLAD

I have spent time at one school lately where the GLAD program is used consistently. There are some portions of the GLAD program that I don't really jive with, (particularly the hand motions and potential for singing... blech) but there are other parts that I find really interesting and organized.

Now, I know next to nothing about the program except for what snippets I have seen, but here are my first impressions:


  • Organized in the way my brain thinks
  • Good for building note-taking skills
  • Good for team-building
  • Good for motivating
  • GREAT opportunities for inquiry-based learning
  • students seem to enjoy it and get hands on experience

I realy could go on and on. I like it that much. 

QUESTIONS:
1. Where do you find the resources for the lessons?
2. How difficult would it be to construct your own units based on the GLAD philosophy?

No comments:

Post a Comment