Monday, May 16, 2016

Five weeks of packing

I put together a collection of clothes and accessories that I packed. I spent a LOOONGGG time putting together a packing list and as a result I wore everything I brought at least twice. You may not be, but I am very impressed with myself!
A few comments:
**The ONLY regret I have- I didn't bring the right pants for Africa (Kenya, Malawi, Zambia or Morocco). What you need to be comfortable in Africa is FLOWY pants. Culturally it isn't acceptable to wear shorts or short skirts so if you want to be culturally sympathetic and not be labeled an obnoxious tourist, bring flowy pants. 

***The purse I have in most of these photos was an anti-theft purse. I really liked it but ended up buying a leather purse in Marrakesh (real leather, $26 USD, what??) and ended up sending the anti-theft one home with my Dad. 

**** I didn't really wear make-up in Kenya, Malawi or Zambia. It was too effin hot.

***** Toe photo included to show off my gnarly sandal tan. Thank you Teva's! 

Lisbon, Portugal and Rome, Italy (pretty mild, but sunny)

Prague, Czech Republic and Madrid, Spain (Prague was a bit chilly and Madrid was beautiful!)

South Luangwa, Zambia, Nairobi, Kenya and Mzuzu, Malawi (Hot.)

Paris, France (warm but cooled off at night)

 
Pants:
2 pairs of leggings
2 pairs of jeans
1 pair black pants
running shorts
2 pairs of jean shorts
Shirts:
White and black short sleeves
White and black long sleeves
striped sweater
an assortment of tank tops
Overwear:
1 grey cardigan
1 lightweight jacket (I had to do surgery on this
early on in my trip.... I suggest buying a better
quality version than I did!)
1 rainjacket
1 sporty pullover
1 chambray button-up
Dresses:
2 long sleeve thin cotton dresses
1 halter style thin black dress
Accessories:
1 swimsuit
4 pairs no-show socks
4 pairs of shoes (2 pairs of tennies-grey and white,
1 pair of Old Navy flip flops, Teva sandals)
3 scarves (one of my scarves doubled as a skirt several times)
black spandex
blowdryer (probably could have done without.
Don't tell my friends that though!)
Straightener (really glad I had this a few times!)
Hope these comments and lists were helpful in any of your upcoming packing plans. Also, Teva has no idea who I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment