Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Challenge Students

Right now I have two students are presenting particular challenges to me. EM is a student in my chemistry class that is asking for challenges because he is bored with the content when he is barely passing the class. I challenged him to bring his grade up to an A and find a book that would be a good fit in a chemistry class. This is a student who is smarter and better than high school chemistry. I didn't think this was the type of student that would be coming to me for help. KB is the type of student I though I would be working with a lot more. KB is a girl who is trying so hard to pass high school biology. we sat tonight for almost an hour going over the test she is taking tomorrow. It was almost heartbreaking how hard she is trying and how frustrated she gets with the results. I feel for her. I loved every second with this student. I am finding my teaching skills really shine one on one. I need some work on the larger group settings. Which, of course, is the whole point of student teaching. Identifying and strengthening those weaker points.

No comments:

Post a Comment