Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Trip from Hell

So, I was in Denver. My hometown. With my wonderful Mama. The place that was and is currently burning. So the trip was not as wonderful as expected. This trip can basically be split into four different parts. 
1. Traveling...
This is our luggage for two people over five days. We are such girls!          

















We started my 21 trip off right with a Bloody Mary and a Rum and Coke.













2. Colorado Springs with my cousin and her two boys (where the fire was)
All of the cloud looking stuff in these photos is actually smoke. 
There was constant news coverage of the Waldo Canyon fire that threatened my Cousin's house.
Some of these pictures are tragically beautiful.  
 It almost looks peaceful...
This is taken from my Cousin's parents house on the opposite side of the highway from where she lives.  We literally watched the mountainside burn. The orange glow is flames. 










The smoke spread for miles. 



















3. The Wedding of one of our friends. It was a beautiful wedding, they seem very happy. Oh. And this is my beautiful Mama. She's cool. 






















4. Seeing people from Colorado
Which was hard because some of the relationships left in Colorado need a lot of work. More on that later:)


The one redeeming aspect of this trip was the many meals at El Tepehuan. My family has been going to this restaurant since before I was born. I like to tell people the salsa in this picture runs in my veins:) mmmm. Everyone needs a restaurant like this:)



Thanks for listening to me whine about my trip. Sorry about that.

Love,

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment